ITIL 4 will be launched in the first quarter 2019 and as an AXELOS strategic partner we are ready to support you along the way. In this blog post, we discuss the reasoning behind the transition to ITIL 4, and why 2019 was the ideal time in the face of the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
Don’t put your ITIL journey on hold! Find out how to make the transition now ›
ITIL 4 is Coming Soon — But Don’t Put Your ITIL Journey on Hold
So why a new version in 2019?
The digital transformation of our world is an increasingly fast paced and complex environment, requiring organizations to be more agile, better equipped to adapt what they do and ready to adopt new ways of working to succeed. The speed of current breakthroughs is disrupting almost every industry on a global scale. The Fourth Industrial Revolution is marked by emerging technology in fields including robotics, artificial intelligence, nanotechnology, quantum computing, biotechnology, The Internet of Things (IoT), 3D printing, autonomous vehicles and much more. ITIL 4 addresses this digital transformation by…
How will ITIL 4 support organizations in the Fourth Industrial Revolution?
ITIL 4 will provide a practical and flexible basis to support organizations on their journey into the new world of digital transformation by helping them align their human, digital and physical resources to compete within the modern complex landscape and adopt this emerging technologies into their IT operations.
- The context of ITIL, with the release of ITIL 4 is now much bigger, with an emphasis on the business and technology world, how it works today, and how it will work in the future with Agile, DevOps and digital transformation.
- ITIL 4 will be much more relevant to developers, practitioners and businesses as a whole through promoting a holistic view of delivering products and services.
- Right from Foundation level, ITIL 4 will emphasize the importance of collaboration, transparency, automating where possible, and working holistically.
- ITIL 4 retains many of the core elements that makes ITIL so valuable to individuals and organizations today. Change is a constant state and organizations are struggling to navigate it. ITIL 4 is best practice that supports organizations in navigating this ongoing change.
- ITIL 4 is the next iteration that incorporates all of the best things from ITIL as it is known today and expands IT and service operations to a new level. Moving from traditional process lead delivery, ITIL 4 supports faster, quality and value driven delivery for people and organizations.
- ITIL 4, through its framework, helps organizations to connect and align these different challenges that are relevant not only to ITSM professionals, but also by a wider range of professionals working in the digital world by providing a practical and flexible basis to support organizations on their journey to the new world of digital transformation. It provides an end-to-end IT/digital operating model for the delivery and operation of tech-enabled products and services and enables IT teams to continue to play a crucial role in wider business strategy.
Where can I learn more about ITIL Certification and prepare to get certified?
Visit our ITIL 4 Certification page for complete details on the ITIL 4 scheme and the courses you need to get certified or transition from v3 to ITIL 4