Happy 2010, everyone! I have been thinking about my recipe for project management this coming year, and here are my top ingredients I plan to add to the mix known as ‘Susan Weese, Project Manager’:
- A large dash of common sense, used frequently on my upcoming projects
- 1 tablespoon of patience, added in to all situations that require it
- 2 cups of creativity when faced with seemingly insurmountable project issues
- 1 cup of new ideas to stop me from falling back on the same old approach too often
- 1/3 cup of innovative learning to see what’s new out there in project management land
- ¼ cup of new tools use just to keep myself involved with the technology side of things
- 1 teaspoon of active listening, applied repeatedly until I am sure I get it
- ½ cup of kindness since project team life can be tough on everyone
- 1 tablespoon of good, practical suggestions to keep my head out of the clouds
- 1 gallon of unquenchable energy for the long, challenging days ahead
- 1 cup of meeting new people from new industries and learning about what they do
So, what project management ingredients are you planning to use during 2010? These are mine, and I hope to make them into a successful, interesting and rewarding year. I am not quite sure what final recipe this list of ingredients is going to yield, but I will certainly be able to tell you the results when you ask me about it at year’s end!
Happy New Year!